Website Suntory PepsiCo Vietnam Beverage Company.,ltd
The Legal Counsel is responsible for assisting Legal Manager in driving the legal agenda related to Operations and Supply Chain to ensure the smooth, responsive business operations and legal compliance.
Report to: Legal Manager (LM)
I – Job Description
- Legal advice: (independently take charge up to 70%)
- Conduct complex legal research and investigation of claims and defenses; develop oral and written advice and present recommendations to supply chain and operation.
- Provide legal counsel and advice on a broad range of legal topics for supply chain and operation to include international commercial law, import and export laws, incoterms, laws on customer protection, etc.
- Lead complex legal matters including working with relevant
- departments in the creation of defense strategies and/or proactive strategies regarding major legal
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal issues and develop strategies/ initiatives to avoid costly litigation actions and reduce potential area of risks.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- Legal Compliance: (independently take charge up to 70%)
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and simplicity execution. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies and support in developing innovative solutions for difficult, complex, and systemic problems.
- Monitor transaction compliance ensuring LOIs/contracts/ legal documents are signed within the agreed timeline and due process.
- Monitor possible areas of compliance risks and implement corrective action plans for resolution of current and potential risk.
- Provide and interpret legal regulation, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to relevant departments.
- Contract management:
- Contract Drafting, evaluating and negotiating: (independently take charge to 70%)
- Standardize template of contract/agreement/LOI and other legal documents tailored to each specific business activities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of contract review Monitor competitive terms. Monitor customer satisfaction with our terms and conditions and contracting practices. Recommend changes.
- Analyze actual practice and potential risk to adjust the terms to make it suitable while still protects company at the best.
- Negotiate and advise on contractual matters or other business transactions for critical deal.
- Contract reviewing/approving:
- Approve the contracts/annexes/LOI up to 2 B VND (independently take charge up to 100%)
- Conduct the preliminary review of the remaining contracts. (Independently take charge to 70%)
- Contract point: (independently take charge up to 100%)
- Attend weekly project meeting or other meetings to serve as the contact point for contractual matters.
- Guide on contracting guidelines or legal templates to support other departments/functions to follow the legal process.
- Legal innovation. (Independently take charge to 60%)
- Review and conduct (where necessary) the translation work (Independently take charge up to
- Provide training to other business teams related to assigned job. (Independently take charge up to 70%)
- Other jobs as assigned by LM
II – Job Requirements
- Be qualified as a lawyer in Vietnam with good academic credentials and lawyer practicing certificate;
- Have at least 5-6 years’ relevant professional experience preferably as a lawyer in private practice or in a similar role working at MNC.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Vietnamese. IELTS overall band 6.5 or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Being proactive, strong teamwork, customer service spirit and commercial oriented.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization and wellorganization skill
- Be able to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Working location: SPVB Head Office – 5th floor, Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers
III – Application Dossier:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Legal Professional Certificate
- Other Certificate
If you are ready to explore the opportunity and experience the exhilaration of working with our world class talents, click Apply Now. We will be in touch with you.